Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Month later, still at work.

Quick tasting note:

Barossa Valley Estate Ebenezer Cabernet Merlot 1999

Had this at a tasting on Monday night. Has a little pepper on the nose with a bit of vegital smell and a little age showing. Normally I don't talk about colour, but this one's a deep, inky purple with a little deep brick red on the edge. Taste: Thick and still tannic with a bunch of earthy fruit and a short finish. The cab really comes through on this one but since it's showing a bit of age it's damaging the rest of the flavour in the glass.
All in all, nice, but drink it now 'cuz in a year or two, it'll be over the edge.

Working on my Massive Flurry of Booze part Two night for November.

If I'm more with it, I might even post some more reviews once I get some time later in the month!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home