Thursday, January 26, 2006

Burns Day!

Quick note,
The 25th was Robbie Burns Day. I hope somebosy else besides me had some Haggis, scotch and McEwans.

Casillero del Diablo Chardonnay - Concha y Toro

Beautiful nose, has lots of fruit and vanilla. When drinking, this will go well with any type of creamy sauces with garlic or even tomato-based chicken recipies. It's got some more delicious tropical fruit on the tounge with soft and well balanced oak aging. Excelent with meals.

Pacific Bay Merlot - Fetzer

I was pretty happy with this pick. I remember it having a nice soft nose with plum-ish hints. Smooth on the palate with cherry and plum flavours and little tannin if any at all. Very nice and well worth the price.


Well, that's all for now...

Murphy,
I haven't heard from you since New Years. What happened to you?

4 Comments:

Blogger N90 said...

Did you not finish off or start off the day with a wee dram of scotch?

1/27/2006 9:15 a.m.  
Blogger Big Roddy said...

Actually, I had the Glenfiddch Solera Reserve Single Malt. Absolutely some of the best Scotch I've ever had. Very smooth with nice honey, beeswax hints and soft well rounded mouth. Delicious!
http://world.glenfiddich.com/enjoy/range/solera_res.html

1/28/2006 12:34 a.m.  
Blogger jpmozambique said...

Hey I'm curious, who's n90?

1/30/2006 5:06 a.m.  
Blogger Big Roddy said...

Dunno. It'sa kinda mystery.
dum dum!

1/30/2006 10:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home