Sunday, May 10, 2009

Northward Bound!

Ok, I'm going to be quick about this since it's taken me 20 minutes to get to this since I'm up in Yellowknife and tasting good wine and food and connection is an issue sometimes...
I just fried up some panko-covered cambonzola with some raspberry coulis and it was phenomenal! As we're waiting for the second appetizer to get itself going (we're all in a state of deliciousness here) we are drinking the

Mission Hill S.L.C Chardonnay 2004

Since this has had 5 years to age, it has shown some incerdible promise! The original bottle that I had purchaced in 2008 had unfourtinately been corked, so I had to change the bottle for another one, and I didn't get a chance to try it until I brought it up to visit my friends.

Nose: soft, oily, beeswax, clover and vanilla.
Taste: thick soft toastyness that coats the mouth, creamy oak and light grassyness, rich and honey-like. Long rich and warm aftertaste with the mellow oak standing out.

This is an unbelivable wine! I'd reccomend purchacing this wine if you ever find this vintage as it's drinking really well rigt now!
Mission Hill apparently knows what it's doing with VQA wines. It's base-line Propritior's Selection on the other-hand can be best decribed as something that can be used for hand-to-hand combat.

I'll see if I can make some more notes on this trip for the remainder of the wines that I brought up for tasting. No promises though. We go through the good ones too fast to make a note of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home