Friday, September 23, 2005

Wines and Ports

Augh,
So I've tried some new wines and ports in the past couple days that are really, really exceptional.
First up is:

Wolf Blass Grey Label Shiraz 2002

Wow. This shiraz was so inky-purple when it got poured into my glass I was expecting huge fruit on the nose and I was not dissapointed. Monster blackberry and dark chocolate filled the glass and the flavour was brilliant! Light tannins, good fruit and blanced oak gave it a lingering finish that made it absoultley delicious! Highly reccomended!

Cockburns Special Reserve Port

This port is good. A nice burgandy colour in the glass with a nice mild nose that dosen't burn the nostrils unlike Bright's 74 Port which peels paint off of walls and erases memory. Nice smooth fruit on the pallet with a light burn on the tounge makes this to be a nice quaffing port beside a fire or a nice lady.

Taylor Fladgate Chip White Dry Port

This is the best dry white port I have ever tried! Awsome golden colour in the glass with nice honeysuckle and yellow rose on the honker. Unlike ruby and tawny ports, this one is bone dry with really mello hints of honey. Especially good with fresh basil leaves with soda water on ice for a really refreshing apertif. Wicked good.

Uhh... more later. I'm off to watch MST3K's verson of "The Wild World of Batwoman". It looks awful!


Murrrrrphy....... I can hear you.

1 Comments:

Blogger jpmozambique said...

Hey Roddy, all those wine notes make me homesick for drinking and jamming. I like the blog bro...keep it up. I'm trying to learn some Mozambican musical stylings over here but guitars are expensive. I might have to bite the bullet...I don't want the ol fingers to get rusty. Haven't done much mind expansion lately but I have been getting right ripped on cheap beer. You make do with what you got I guess...although I'm seriously missing the sweet songs of Mary Jane!!

Cheers
Jp

9/28/2005 1:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home